Saturday 25 February 2017

Splash!

Hello and welcome to my blog today!  Thank you so much for visiting me - I appreciate it so much!
I called this post 'Splash' cause that is what this awesome Visible Image stamp makes me think of and I have made three cards with it using similar backgrounds but different, all important, words - I just got carried away!  Here they are:

These are the most important words ever!  They come with the stamp:



These words I think are so cool (also come with the stamp).  I see them as saying, do what you want with no worries about tomorrow - just enjoy yourself!  My husband however thought they sounded like doom and gloom that tomorrow is never going to come!  We did have a laugh about it!  I like my interpretation best and I am sure that is what is meant!!!



This last one has words from a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous set,, Good Thoughts, and I love these words too!



The backgrounds are all made the same - in fact I did two A4 sheets so I had plenty for all the cards and words and some left over.  I used watercolour card and blended Mermaid Lagoon, Wilted Violet and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks over the whole sheet before adding drops of water for texture, spritzed with Abominable Snowman Glimmer Mist then dried.  I used a script stamp and a texture stamp to add some detail in the same inks, then cut the card down, edged with Mermaid Loagoon ink and stamped the image using black Versafine and my Misti stamping tool.  It took lots of impressions on the textured watercolour card to get a perfect silhouette - I couldn't have got it on this particular card without the Misti.  It would have been fine with a clear block on regular stamping card as Visible Image stamps are excellent quality! The words were stamped on bits of leftover card and I edged everything using a thin black marker then glued the words on and added the panels to black square base cards.  I embellished with clear sequins on the first two using Multi Medium Matt and on the third one I added little raindrops cut from blue inked watercolour card using Memory Box die A Little Rain.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

A Vintage Journey - Words that are Special
That's Crafty - Just Words (the words are most important on my cards so I hope that counts!)
Bizzy Becs - Anything Goes

All are fab challenges - worth a peek!

Thank you for popping by and have a fabulous weekend!  Take care! Christine xxx

10 comments:

chrissie said...

Great words and a beautifulbackground

Love Chrissir xx

Marina said...

Such happy cards!

Redanne said...

Wow, wow and thrice wow Chris, each one of these cards is just quite simply stunning!! I love the gorgeous background colours and the silhouette stamping is beautifully done. I love the words too, they are all so special. Love these!

While I am here I would like to thank you for joining in our Words That Are Special challenge at A Vintage Journey. Hugs, Anne xx

Anita in France said...

These backgrounds are all fantastic, Chris ... fabulous layered stamping ... and that silhouette is brilliant. There's such a wonderful sense of movement, energy and downright happiness about it ... perfect with all three sentiments! Hugs, Anita :)

Sarn said...

Fantastic inky backgrounds made into gorgeous cards!

I like your interpretation of the Just be Happy Sentiment!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Karen Dunbrook said...

amazing cards Chris...the ransom style text works so perfectly with that fun image.
xx Karen

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I can't live like tomorrow didn't exist or else when tomorrow did come... I'd be out a job. That doesn't sound too fun.

Love the SPLASH stamp and the words too. But the image itself portrays fun, frivolity, and... and... and.... I'm out of F words... well, no, I still have THAT F word but that's not it....... Fun, frivolity, and JOY (not an F word but it what this stamp says.

Darnell said...

Ah, if only our minds would actually take heed to these awesome "live in the moment" sediments, but somehow it is always trying to leap ahead! Each of these is so lighthearted and uplifting, Chris, and I love the colorful backgrounds and happy jumping-for-joy image!! Lots of hugs, Darnell xxoo

Sue - said...

Lovely set of cards Chris , great inky backgrounds and the stamps and words go so well with them.

Jester said...

I love these, they are so full of life and I your backgrounds look so good!