Sunday 3 July 2016

Belated Happy Birthday to Darnell

Happy Birthday to Darnell for yesterday!  Lots of you will have the awesome pleasure of visiting Darnell's fabulous Blog - she is such a lovely lady and friend!  Here is the card I sent which hopefully made it across to Darnell in time for her birthday!



I masked the panel off with tape then applied Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet Distess Inks then spritzed with pearl Glimmer Mist.  I then used black Versafine to stamp these fab little images from Dee's Flowers and Frames by Stamplorations. After I removed the masking tape, I stamped the sentiment (I can't remember the make) then added splatters of the watered down Distress Inks and mounted the panel on a purple base card.  I really hope Darnell likes it!  She makes the most awesome cards!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Penny Black and More Challenge - Anything Goes with a Stamp
Stamplorations Third Birthday - Party/Celebration/Birthday inspired by mood board (mine is birthday and I think my flowers and leaves could be sprinkles on the top of the cakes in the picture. - in my head anyway!!! There are splatters in the mood board too!)
Stamplorations Never Ending Challenge - Anything Goes




3rd BIRTHDAY Blog Hop & Linky Party!


This is a bit of a short blog post.  I will try and do another in the next few days.  Sorry I haven't been around much.  In July I have a few things going on, including meeting Darnell on her visit to the UK - that is the absolute highlight for me!  But it all means I have to take things very easy to manage everything so I apologise for my very infrequent visits and posts.  I will do my best though.  I went to the Newbury craft show yesterday with my friend Julie and had a fab time.  I am pretty shattered today so apologise for any mistakes in this post or if it doesn't make sense.  Sorry Darnell it is late!

I am off to bed know so goodnight and take care and thank you for your visit and continued, very valued, support! xxx

13 comments:

chrissie said...

Very nice card-hope it gets there in time.

Love Chrissie xx

Darnell said...

This beautiful card got here in time and Darnell LOVED it very much!! I think you did an amazing job with the masking and design! And what a surprise to find this dedicated post, too! You have spoiled me well! Now rest and take a teasy so you have lots of engery for laughing and hugging!! Mwah! See you soon!! Hugs, Darnell

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wait! Darnell's bday is the 2nd?! I never knew the actual date but I made a note that it was mid-July, so now I see I'm off by enough that my card will be belated.

I like your CAS card with that extra interesting panel on it. Very nice!

Sarn said...

Great looking card. Love the inked panel.
Just know you will have lots of fun meeting up.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Neet said...

Gosh, I have lost touch of everything and forgotten to send Darnell a card. Will have to email you later to get her addie and send one off quickly.
Love the card you have made for her - a true Darnell type card - so very appropriate for her.
Great to see you blogging, hope all is well at home.
Hugs, Neet xx

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh my goodness, Chris! I know that Darnell loved his birthday card! You did such a beautiful job with it! I want to thank you for your wonderful visit to my blog, too! HUGS!!!

okienurse said...

very nice card! CAS! I haven't been doing much crafting lately…overwhelmed I think. Hopefully I will be back on the wagon soon! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment! Vickie

scrappymo! said...

Darnell is going to love this card. I like the masked off panel...the colours are gorgeous!

debby4000 said...

Such a gorgeous and beautiful card. Say Hi to Darnell.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

It's such a lovely card, Chris. It's simplicity belies the amount of work that I know will have gone into it. I can see that Darnell appreciated that, though. I love how you have blended the colours in the flowery band.
I'm off to visit Darnell's blog now. Jx

Patti said...

Hello Chris : )

What a sweet and BEAUTIFUL!! card you made for Darnell!!. Who doesn't just love that woman!!

I wanted to pop in to say a special THANK YOU for the comment you made on my Penny Black post today! I was so happy and blessed!

Patti

Patti said...

Thank you SO MUCH for following me Chris!! I wanna do the same but I can't see where to do it on your blog LOL help out an old gal can you?

Patti

Sue - said...

A lovely card- it was good to meet you on Tuesday. I've followed you now I've found your blog! Hugs Sue