Friday 17 June 2016

Take Time To Dream!

Hello!  Its so nice of you to hop on by and see what I am up to!  I haven't blogged for a while but should be doing more posts - at least for the next few days! I have challenges to enter before they finish!



I love, love, love this image!  Its IndigoBlu and was free in a set with a magazine a while back, how cool was that!  All the stamps used on this card are IndigoBlu.  The background was a piece I had already inked with Distress Inks and the pieces of card I used for the main image, butterflies and letters were all snippets of card left over from previous inky projects.  The background was stamped with lace from Nottingham Lace and watches from Take The Time in Imperial Purple Versafine.  I then popped the piece through my Grand Calibre with a swirl mask to add some background embossing and gently inked over the top to bring out the detail.  The lady and letters for 'Dream' (Circus Alphabet) were stamped in Black Versafine and embossed with clear powder with the butterflies, again from Circus Alphabet, stamped in Purple Versafine and embossed with clear powder.  I then fussy cut them all out.  The lady was popped up on double sided tape and the letters, butterflies and sequins were added using Cosmic Shimmer PVA.  'Take time to'  are Tim Holtz chit chat stickers.  You can't see it very well in the photo but I have added loads of Star Dust Stickles so there is lots of lovely sparkle.  You can't dream without a bit of sparkle!

I would like to enter the following challenges:

IndigoBlu Challenge - May...all your dreams come true!
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Use Snippets!
Bizzy Becs Store - Anything Goes!

These are all fabulous blogs - definitely worth a visit!

Thank you so much for visiting me, I really appreciate it! Take care. Christine xxx

14 comments:

chrissie said...

This is very beautiful with a great choice of colours and a wonderful stamp.

Love Chriisie

Di said...

Hi Chris! How lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground again - and with such a gorgeous card! I have that fabby stamp too (think I bought it though?) and it's a real beauty - perfectly shown off here in purples!

Hugs

Di xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Chris love the colours you have used and I got that free stamp too lol huggles Sue xxx

Carol said...

I love your colours Christine. It takes talent to get such a lovely blend.

All the best with your challenges. Carol x from Bizzy Bec's Design Team

Redanne said...

She really is a beautiful image and you have made even more beautiful by layering her up, I love the font on the main word too. Great design and really beautiful colour tones! Hugs, Anne xx

SewPaperPaint said...

What a gorgeous card! Well done with the beautiful layering!

Gio said...

Such a lovely and brilliant card. LOve every detail, the sentiment, the lace and the embossed background, gorgeous! Thank you for playing with us at IndigoBlu :-)

Unknown said...

A beautiful card, Chris. The free-flowing hair gives a real sense of freedom. Very dreamy! Jx

rachel said...

A really beautiful card Christine - so dreamy! Thanks for playing along in the Indigo Blu challenge this month and good luck! Hugs rachel x

Anita in France said...

Eyecatching, feminine and such a fantastic sense of movement, Chris ... what a fabulous card! Hugs, Anita :)

Unknown said...

Great card, love the colours! Thanks for entering the IndigoBlu Challenge. Kay x

Maxine Jones said...

Hi Chris, Glad you are feeling up for making a card - and I agree, this stamp set was a great freebie with the magazine a couple of years back now! (i got them too!!) this is beautiful - thank you for taking part in the Indigoblu blog challenge, Maxine xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is way cool! Love the purpley goodness.

Darnell said...

I can see why you love this glorious image, Chris! And you certainly made her sing with this beautiful purple sparkly design!! Hugs, Darnell