Saturday 5 March 2016

Lots of Lava Lamps!

Its my husband's birthday today and he has always had a lava lamp since we met - he loves them so this image was perfect for his card.



The background is inked, quite roughly, with Candied Apple, Salty Ocean and Mustard Seed Distress Inks then sprayed with pearl Glimmer Mist and dabbed with kitchen roll.  I rubbed with an anti-static bag before stamping the lamps (by InkyDoodles) with black Versafine then embossing with clear powder.  The little stars, by Winnie and Walter, were stamped in Gold pigment ink and embossed with gold sparkle powder by WOW, they really sparkle in real life.  The sentiment is by Unity and is stamped and embossed on a Spellbinders die then attached with brads.  The brads were silver so I did multiple layers of black embossing powder to make them black,  The main panel is attached to the black base card with mounting foam for a bit of dimension.

I would like to enter my card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge - All the stamps and the Candied Apple Distress Ink have never been used before!  Please pop over to Darnell's blog and have a look, its awesome!!!!!  The challenge is fabulous too!  Must dash, my lovely parents-in-law are due in a few minutes!  We are having a Chinese Takeaway for Darren's Birthday dinner and I haven't got my lippy on yet!

Thank you so much for visiting me, I really appreciate it!  Have a fabulous weekend.

Take care. Christine xxx




7 comments:

chrissie said...

Fantastic card. I always used to have a lava lamp and loved them. What ever happened to lava lamps?

Love Chrissie xx

Redanne said...

What a thoughtful card Chris, I love those beautiful lava lamps and the lovely colours you created in the background! Hugs, Anne xx

Barb said...

What a great vibrant background Chris. I have this wonderful stamp. Barbxx

Anita in France said...

Bright and vibrant and fun, Chris ... your DH will have loved it ... hope you all had a fabulous celebration! Hugs, Anita :)

Jester said...

Such a cheerful and fun birthday card! We had a yellow lava lamp when I was young; unfortunately, it always reminded me of raw eggs!! Jx

Darnell said...

Isn't it fantastic how there are images of anything we might hope to find! I love that there is such a wonderful lava lamp stamp in existence so you could make this magnificent and vibrantly colored card for Darren! I'm sure he loved it! Happy Belated Birthday to him!! And thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Fun lava lamp card! My hubby still has one too. I think he actually has 2, but one is more modern.