Sunday 15 March 2015

Bokeh Effect Background in Green

The Bokeh Effect is something new for me.  I have heard about it used for backgrounds and finally saw it demonstrated by Barbara Gray on her You Tube channel which you can get to via her blog here.  Barbara's card is awesome!  I tried the background technique for my own card.



I created the base of the background by applying Mowed Lawn, Shabby Shutters and Evergreen Bough with a blending tool.  Then I rummaged through my stencil and mask stash and found anything round and randomly applied Moonlight White Brilliance ink through them, again with a blending tool (the small round one is best for this).  The tulip and word stamps are both from IndigoBlu set Nottingham Lace and the dragonfly is from an IndigoBlu set that was free with a magazine. They were stamped with Black Archival and the Tulip and Dragonfly are coloured in with Spectrum Noir pencils which work nicely over the ink.  I added a little sequin and black stone next to the word tulip and edged the whole thing with Pine Needles Distress Ink.  I also added some clear Wink Of Stella to the Tulip, the Dragonfly and the little dots round the sentiment.  I was going to add more bits and bobs but I decided I liked the background too much and didn't want to cover it so I left it as it is.  The piece is matted on black and added to a 7 x 7 inch green card blank.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

IndigoBlu - Spring Greens
Buckwell's - Flowers
That's Crafty - Wings and Things

These are all fabulous challenge blogs so please hop over and have a look!

Thank you so much for visiting me, I really love your visits and comments!  Have a lovely Mother's day if its relevant to you today!  Take care. Christine xxx



24 comments:

chrissie said...

Very beautiful. Thank you for the link to the video

Love Chrissie xx

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Christine,

What a gorgeous technique. I love the circles in the background and the wording stamp has a circular look to it also.

Good luck with the challenges - your card is a winner in my book!

Hugs,
Kay

Jo said...

This is so gorgeous Christine, the greens are lovely & it looks like a fab technique.....something else for me to try lol! Hope you're well.
hugs Jo x

you can find my CANDY here
you can find my ATC Swap here

Redanne said...

You certainly have done a beautiful job with the Bokeh technique, your card is gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx

scrappymo! said...

This is so pretty.

I will have to give this technique a try...thank you for the link.

Anita in France said...

What a stunning bokeh background, Chris ... lovely images and a charming sentiment! Anita :)

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is gorgeous Chris. I must confess to never hearing of this technique before. I somehow missed your last two posts, big apologies I think I may have been away then and no Internet access. Two fabulous cards love the pink one I may give that technique a go! Hugs Susan x

Veerle said...

Gorgeous card, i love it. And your background is fabulous. Thank you so much for joining our challenge over at Buckwells Crafty Challenge Blog - Veerle DT

Sarn said...

Simply PERFECT Chris. LOVE this card. Fantastic background . . .you definitely nailed it! xxx

alexandra s.m. said...

What a beautiful card with great depth!
Bravo Christine!!

Annie said...

Wowza I love what you have created here - I really need to check out this technique. stunning.
Ann xxx

Linda said...

Beautiful! Great job with the Bokeh technique. Thanks for joining in with the IndigoBlu Challenge .... good luck! LindyLou xx

Marina said...

Beautiful, sun-dappled effect. I like the way the sentiment echoes the circle shapes.

Hazel said...

Beautiful card. Thank you so much for joining in Buckwells challenge 6 with your lovely crafting – we hope we’ll see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Heather T said...

Your bokeh effect is lovely and so is the feature stamping. The circular sentiment is perfct.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is great! I love that your greeting is circular too.

Maxine Jones said...

All I can think to say is BEAUTIFUL. Good luck! Maxine x

Darnell said...

Be still my heart! Christine, you conquered the bokeh effect brilliantly with this beautiful work of art! Wow!! Hugs, Darnell

Nikki K said...

Stunning card, love the Bokeh background, nicely done :) Thanks for joining us at IndigoBlu this month, good luck. Nikki K. xx

Jester said...

The bokeh effect looks wonderful, Chris, and I love the round stamp that echoes it. A beautiful card. Jx

Gez Butterworth said...

Great card. What a fantastic background. Thank you for joining the IndigoBlu Spring Greens challenge. Gez

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful! This bokeh look is so pretty and I love the way the sentiment is circular shaped as well.

Fliss said...

This is beautiful Chris. The bokeh is a very effective background for your lovely stamping.
Thanks so much for your kind comments on That's Crafty too which always make my day and wishing you good luck in the wings chsllenge draw.
Fliss xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

great looking card...