Sunday 21 September 2014

Guest DT Card for IndigoBlu

Recently I was lucky enough to win the IndigoBlu challenge - I was so pleased and even more pleased when I realised that part of the prize is to be Guest Designer for the new challenge which starts today!  The challenge is to use a sketch, something I have never done before.  You can join in the challenge and see the fab DT makes here.  Its great fun!  I missed the last one unfortunately, I will try not to do that again!  You can win a fab prize of a choice of IndigoBlu stamps - the ones I chose are gorgeous and the quality is always awesome!


I used the amazingly fabulous IndigoBlu Blazing Poppies stamp but decided not to go with red. The backgrounds are achieved using Milled Lavender, Scattered Straw and Seedless Preserves Distress Inks, chicken wire sequin waste as a mask along with the Best Wishes and corner stamp from IndigoBlu Nottingham Lace. The swirl in the top left is from a mixed sheet of IndigoBlu stamps I bought at a show.  The main image is painted with the same Distress Inks except for the leaves where I used a Promarker.  The two larger butterflies are die cuts, the centres of the flowers are sequins with a little seed bead added.  I coloured the ribbon with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink and water and added a dazzler to the centre which I coloured with a coordinating Promarker.  The embossing on the black card is done with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  To add a bit of sparkle, the flowers and butterflies are painted with clear Wink of Stella.

Its a bit scary having my card on the IndigoBlu blog with the DT samples as theirs are always so awesome and professional!  Its a real honour though - Thank you so much IndigoBlu!

Thank you so much to you too for visiting me!  I appreciate it so much and love it when you leave me a comment.  Have a lovely Sunday and take care! Christine xxx


15 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Congrats on the design team guest spot, Chris! I am heading over to their blog, but I just know that I am going to find that your card is every bit as good as theirs! It's absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love the colors, that beautiful pink bow, and your layering!

Sue said...

Congrats Chris!!! sorry I haven't been around commenting and thanks for your well wishes:) fabulous card I really love it!!! lots of huggles Sue xxx

Redanne said...

Your card is 'awesome and professional' too Chris, I love it. That is my favourite IB stamp ever and I love the colours you have used with it. Huge congratulations on your GDT spot too! Hugs, Anne xx

chrissie said...

Worthy Guest Chris and a beautiful card to make from a sketch.

Love Chrissie x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Oh Chris this is fabulous! Love the colours and the way you did the background. Congrats on your GDT and I bet your card is just as good as the rest of the others! Hugs Susan x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Yep I just went and checked - you can hold your head high! Yours was just as good if not better! Xxx

Kristin said...

What a beautiful card! I love the addition of the bow - and congratulations on your guest feature! xo

Anita in France said...

Yay ... many congratulations on your DT spot, Chris ... and with such a stunning card! Dramatic and elegant with such lovely detailing ... a triumph! Anita :)

Jacee said...

Beautiful card, love the bow, gorgeous!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Jester said...

You deserve to have your work shown-off, Chris. Your card is also awesome and looks very professional. I love it. It's beautiful! Jx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Your card is fabulous! I love all the details you added to it. Very well thought out and constructed.

alexandra s.m. said...

CONGRATS Chris!
I love your card!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

a wonderful card there Chris and big congrats on being on DT team too for guest appearance you excelled yourself! Shaz in Oz.x

Heather T said...

What a beautiful card and such delicate details too.

Sarn said...

Congrats on your win Chris. This IB image is just fantastic isn't it? Love the background you added to the main image. Well done for getting out of your comfort zone and doing a sketch challenge too!

Hugs, Sarn xxx